Nectarine Bellini For A Hot Summer Sundowner
Bring on the hot summer cheer with a refreshing frozen Nectarine Bellini, a fresh twist to the famous prosecco and peach cocktail invented in the legendary Harry’s Bar in Venice around the 1940s. With peaches and nectarines in season all summer, and fabulous Valdo Prosecco from the Veneto region in Northern Italy now widely available in South Africa, you have all the ingredients for sensational sundowners.
Besides packing a low-calorie, nutritious punch to counterbalance indulgent holiday temptations, peaches and nectarines are incredibly versatile when it comes to festive entertaining.
Valdo is one of Italy’s most respected Prosecco producers harking back to 1926 in the iconic village of Valdobbiandene. Valdo Extra Dry has the classic Prosecco bouquet of apples and pears that meld beautifully with juicy peaches and nectarines.
Embrace la bella vita with this show stopping Frozen Nectarine Bellini Recipe
Frozen Nectarine Bellini
- 6 nectarines or peaches
- 100 ml of boiling water
- 100 ml of honey
- Handful of ice
- 1 bottle 750ml chilled Valdo Prosecco Extra Dry
- Fresh mint and few sprigs of Thyme thyme and extra peach or nectarine slices to garnish
- Slice nectarines or peaches into wedges, discarding the stones.
- Place in an airtight container in a single layer and freeze overnight.
- Combine water and honey, stirring until the honey dissolves. Chill.
- Blitz the frozen fruit wedges, cooled honey syrup, ice and 500ml of Valdo Prosecco in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into 6 flutes and garnish with extra slices of nectarine or peaches, mint and thyme.
Feel inspired by following @juicydelicioussa on Instagram or visit www.juicydelicious.co.za for more tempting peach and nectarine recipes and stay in the mix with @valdobyvinitalia on Instagram, @valdo_vinitalia on Twitter and Valdo South Africa on Facebook.