Greenfish! Your Sustainable Summer Meals: Smoky Yellowtail Braai
Summer and the festive season is here. This means lots of entertaining friends and family. Are you bored of the normal protein options…” chicken or beef?” Shake things up with delicious, fresh, and sustainably caught yellowtail tuna from Greenfish.
Add a truly Cape Townian dish to your summer spread. Locally and sustainably caught by our artisanal handline fisherman, one hook, one line, one fish at a time. Greenfish have carefully selected for you to enjoy with your family or friends.
This box is ideal for any fish lover to add some variety into their weekday cooking or on the braai. We have taken care of the mess; you look after the rest. Your fish will arrive in individual vacuum packs, to make it easy to use at home. Order here : www.greenfish.co.za
Recipe : Smoky Yellowtail Braai
- 750 grakms Greenfish Yellowtail Fillet skin on (plus minus 250g per person)
- A few knobs of Butter
- 2-3 teaspoons of crushed Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the fillet on the braai grid skin side down and season with salt and pepper. Spread a few teaspoons of crushed garlic over the fillet and place a couple of knobs of butter on top.
- Place the grid high above the coals on a medium heat and braai skin side down. Cooking on a medium heat high above the coals will prevent the skin from burning. You will see the meat change from translucent pink to white. Cook until you can see this colour change has just gone past half way (this process will take approximately 15 -18 minutes).
- Flip the grid over so that the flesh side is now above the coals and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes until almost done. When the fillet looks 95% cooked remove from the heat as it will continue to cook once taken off the coals.
- Enjoy with friends!